If you are looking for an idea for a healthy and light breakfast or snack I think this smoothie with berries and Greek yogurt is right for you. It is a super quick and easy recipe to prepare and guarantees a good dose of vitamins mixed with the irresistible taste of fruit smoothie. This smoothie consists of a layer of pureed fruit, a layer of Greek yogurt mixed with honey, and a topping of crumbled cookies and some fresh fruit. For this recipe I used raspberries, blueberries, red currants and wild strawberries but you can use whatever type of fruit you have available. You can also blend everything together with yogurt except the cookies for a rich, thick smoothie.
Mixed berries and Greek yogurt smoothie
- 60 g blueberries
- 125 g raspberries
- 50 g red currants
- 1 tbsp spoonful of wild strawberries
- acacia honey to taste
- 200 g Greek yogurt
- cookies to taste
- fresh fruit for decoration
Instructions smoothie with berries and Greek yogurt – light breakfast idea
- Place the raspberries, blueberries, currants and wild strawberries in a large bowl. Blend with the immersion blender. If necessary, add a few tablespoons of water for more liquid smoothie. Taste and add more honey if necessary.
- Pour everything into the prepared glasses. Now add a layer of Greek yogurt mixed with some honey. I used natural yogurt but you can also use vanilla or other flavored yogurt.
- Finally add the crumbled cookies. Decorate your glasses with fresh fruit and serve.
Store in the fridge and dring within a day.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for a recipe to sweeten your smoothies without using honey, check out my Brown sugar simple syrup. On the other hand, if you are looking for another light breakfast recipe check my Strawberry and banana overnight oats (photo below).
Note from the author of this recipe
I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^