This recipe for delicious homemade apple and orange cider with fresh ginger and rum is super easy to prepare. It is made simply with apples and oranges, spices such as ginger and cinnamon, water, sweetener of your choice, and rum. It is comforting, warm and delicious. While traditional cider is made with fermented apple juice, this version adds rum and ginger for an even more irresistible and warming drink. Enjoy it during cold winter evenings with a good book on your lap or to you can offer it tou your guests during Christmas holidays.
Apple and orange cider with ginger and rum
- 3 large apples
- 1 organic orange
- 1 (about 3cm) piece of fresh ginger
- 10 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (or 1 generous teaspoon cinnamon powder)
- 1,2 l of water
- 80 g (or more) cane sugar
- 60 ml (or more) of rum
Instructions apple and orange cider with ginger and rum
- Pour the water into a pan. Add apples and orange divided into quarter. You do not have to peel them or remove the core but simply clean them well with hot water or use organic fruit.
- Add peeled fresh ginger, 1 cinnamon stick, 10 cloves and turn on the flame.
- Bring to a boil, lower the flame and cook over low heat for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. The apples need to come apart and the liquid should shrink. Discard orange peels, cinnamon stick and piece of ginger.
- Now pass the whole liquid and the apples through the thick colander to remove the rest of the peels or the seeds.
- Return the pot with the liquid to low heat. Add brown sugar or other sweetener of your liking. Now add the rum too. Stir, taste and adjust with more rum or sugar if necessary.
- Bring almost to the boiling point and serve immediately.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other ideas for the Christmas holidays, check out my recipe for Mascarpone and condensed milk no bake cheesecake (photo below) and Easy candied almonds with Christmas spices (photo below).