This pizza dough with the addition of durum wheat flour usa a long leavening time. Compared to the classic pizza dough with bread flour or all-purpose flour, using durum wheat flour in the dough makes it easier to digest. The slow rising times let you prepare the dough the day before in the evening and then bake crispy and delicious pizza during the next day.
Pizza dough with durum wheat flour
- 300 g strong bread flour
- 100 g durum wheat flour
- 240 ml water at room temperature
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3,5 g active dry yeast
Instructions pizza dough with durum wheat flour
- In a bowl mix bread flour, durum wheat flour and active dry yeast. Add water and begint mix with a wooden spoon. Then add oil and salt and mix again.
- Place the dough on surface dusted with flour and begin to knead by spreading it with your fingertips and then folding it on itself. Work the dough until becomes fairly smooth.
- Grease a bowl or a plastic container with some oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for 1 hour then put in a fridge for minimum 12 hours max 24 hours.
- After this time take out your dough from the fridge. Let it rest at room temperature for about 1 – 2 hour. Deflate the dough, place it on a work surface lightly covered with flour and divide into 2 equal parts.
- Stretch ou the dough in a circular way up to maximum 0.5 cm in height. Transfer to a baking tray, cover with previously prepared tomato sauce and the toppings of your choice.
- Bake in preheated oven at 260 °C (or the maximum of your oven) for 10 – 15 minutes (depends on the height of your pizza and the temperature) adding the cheese in the last minutes of baking.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for interesting pizza recipe check my Pizza with rosemary and garlic ricotta, zucchini and cherry tomatoes.