Soft panfocaccia is an union between bread and Italian focaccia. Easy and delicious. Perfect to be stuffed and cut as a slider or to be used instead of a toast bread.
Super soft panfocaccia
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 240 ml water
- 7 g active dry yeast* see the notes to halve the yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 80 g olive oil + more for the crust
Instructions: Super soft panfocaccia
- In a large bowl mix flour with active dry yeast and sugar. Add water and stir. As soon as the flour begins to form a dough, let it rest for about 5 minutes (the flour will absorb the water and it will be easier to knead later)
- At this point add oil and salt and knead the dough for at least 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.Form a ball, transfer it to a slightly greased bowl, cover the bowl with some plastic wrap and let rise the dough for about 1 hour (or 2 hours if you have halved the yeast).
- The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- After this period of time gently transfer the dough onto a baking tray covered with baking paper. Without deflating it excessively, flatten the dough with your finger tips to give it the desired shape.
- Let the dough rise the second time for about half an hour (or 1 hour). Then prick the dough with your fingertips and rub panfocaccia with more olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated static oven at 220 °C for about 20 minutes.
Let cool down completely then serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another soft and delicate focaccia recipe that you can use instead of buns and rolls, check my Focaccia with mascarpone cheese. (foto below)