Today’s recipe is amazing stuffed Italian calzone made in the frying pan or skillet. The dough is very tasty with the addition of eggs and milk and it is very nice to work with being elastic and smooth.
Frying pan made stuffed calzone
- 450 g all-purpose flour
- 7 g active dry yeast* see the notes to halve the yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 180 ml warm milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- grated cheese to your liking
- pickled cucumbers
- red or white onion
Instructions: Frying pan made stuffed calzone
- In a bowl mix the flour with the dry yeast, sugar and salt. Add the olive oil, 1 egg and milk and begin to knead. Add more milk or flour if necessary.
- Knead the dough by hand or stand mixer with the dough hook until it becomes smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes). Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl. Cover it with a plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume (about 1 hour – 1 hour and a half).
- The rising times are approximate. It can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- Deflate the dough. Divide it into equal parts. Roll out each piece with a rolling pin into a oval shape. Add a few tablespoons of grated cheese, some sliced onion and sliced pickled cucumbers.
- Fold the dough in half. Press the edges together and crimp them to seal with a fork and then fold the edge over itself. Heat the frying pan and cook the calzoni on both sides. Cook on medium – low heat until golden brown (about 2 – 3 minutes on each side).
- Serve hot with your favorite sauce.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some more delicious recipes check my Mini calzone stuffed with potatoes, zucchini and smoked cheese and Mini calzone stuffed with cauliflower – ground pork ragù.