These yogurt and olive oil mini focaccia bread is soft and delicate and completely baked without using the oven thanks to the quick and easy cooking in the pan. The dough is soft, elastic and easy to work with. Adding yogurt makes them similar to milk buns with a mild milky flavor. They are excellent both with sweet and savory filling. It is a simple but tasty type of homemade bread. They keep freshness for a day and are perfect for a snack.
Yogurt and olive oil pan baked mini focaccia bread
- 400 g all-purpose flour
- 6 g active-dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar or honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 125 ml plain yogurt (I used lactose free yogurt)
- 150 ml milk (I used lactose free milk)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Instructions yogurt and olive oil pan baked mini focaccia bread
- In a small bowl or cup, mix warm milk with the sugar and active-dry yeast. Set it aside to activate for 5-10 minutes or until it gets foamy.
- In a large bowl mix flour with salt. Add yogurt and olive and start mixing. Now add milk with the yeast and knead the dough by hand or in themixer with a dough hook for 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Lightly grease a bowl place the dough in it, cover with plastic wrap and put it to rise in a warm place until it doubles in volume (1 hour and a half for me)
- The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- Deflate the dough and divide it into many small balls. Heat the pan (no oil needed) and leave it on medium-low heat.
- On a lightly floured surface flatten the balls of dough one by one with your fingertips. Create discs about 0.5 cm high.
- Place the disc on the pan and as soon as bubbles appear on the surface, 60 – 90 seconds, turn to the other side and cook again for 30 – 60 seconds. You have to experiment with the flame to figure out the perfect temperature. Too high a flame will burn your buns while too low will make them too dry at the end of cooking.
- Place alle the focaccia bread on the plate covered with a cotton cloth and continue in the same way until you finish all the dough.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store at room temperature covered well with a cotton cloth and eat within a day. If you want to make them fresh for a longer period you can wrap them with a plastic wrap.
lot of love. B.