These olive oil rolls with spelt flour, pumpkin and rosemary are cute, tiny, soft and full of flavor. Their size makes them particularly appetizing. They have a delicate scent of pumpkin and rosemary and they are enriched with spelt flour and extra virgin olive oil* that make them super fragrant and delicious.
Olive oil rolls with spelt flour, pumpkin and rosemary
- 120 g wholemeal spelt flour I used Bartolini brand
- 480 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 0.5 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp honey
- 360 g cooked pumpkin
- 60 ml olive oil I used Bertolini D.O.P olive oil
- 120 ml warm milk
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and fresh rosemary
Instructions: Olive oil rolls with spelt flour, pumpkin and rosemary
- For this recipe I used one of my favorite flours, that is the wholemeal spelt flour. The flour in question (made by Italian brand Bartolini) is very fragrant and is perfect for recipes enriched with wholemeal flour. I also used Italian olive oil D.O.P. from Umbria, with a fruity, intense and slightly spicy flavor, perfect for this recipe.
- Bring together 2 types of flour, active dry yeast and finely chopped fresh rosemary.
- Add previously cooked pumpkin. I used steamed butternut squash that I grated on a grater with large holes. Add honey and olive oil and start to knead, gradually add lukewarm milk and finally add salt. Knead for about 10 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Create a ball of dough and place it in a slightly greased bowl. Cover the bowl with the plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm place until it doubles the volume – about 2 hours. The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- Deflate the dough, fold it a couple of times and divide it into many equal parts – I used about 25 grams for each piece. Create balls of dough and place them on a baking sheet, covered with baking paper, leaving little space between them. Cover with a cotton cloth and let it rise for another hour.
- Before baking your rolls, spread them with a mixture prepared with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a teaspoon of honey and some chopped fresh rosemary. Bake in preheated static oven at 220 °C for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
This recipe was born thanks to the collaboration with Bartolini – an Italian company that produces high quality food products: extra virgin olive oil, pasta, legumes and cereals, polenta and flour.