Homemade simple olive oil buns. Soft inside and with a thin but slightly crunchy crust. This is the perfect dough with active dry yeast to prepare when you are in a hurry and do not have enough time for long leavening periods. You can use this recipe when you need a quick homemade bread that you use stuffed with cheese or ham.
Easy olive oil buns
- 400 g all-purpose flour
- 4 g active dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 180 ml water + more for the crust
Instructions: Easy olive oil buns
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and active dry yeast in a bowl. Mix and add water. Stir again and put aside for 5 minutes so that you flour can absorb well all the liquid (that will make it easier to knead).
- Add olive oil and knead for 10 minutes. Lay the dough in a slightly oiled bowl and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until it doubles the volume.
- The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- Deflate the dough and divide it into 8 equal parts. Create small balls and place them on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Cover with a cotton cloth and let them rise for another half an hour.
Note from the author of this recipe
- While you are preparing your rolls I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be delighted and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
- Sprinkle your buns with water (you can also brush them). For this recipe I used flower sprayer to sprinkle the crust but is not strictly necessary. Cut the surface with a very sharp knife and put in the preheated oven at 230 °C.
- Bake these olive oil buns for about 15 minutes. After 5 minutes of baking sprinkle the surface of your buns with some more water to make the crust even crispier.
Take out from the oven and cool down completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another easy but more flavourful buns you should check my Easy soft olive oil rolls (foto below).