Easy and delicious yogurt buns made in a frying pan. Fragrant and flavorful with a light scent of plain yogurt. Perfect with stews also as a snack with a thin layer of jam.
Easy yogurt buns cooked in a frying pan
- 400 g all-purpose flour
- 7 g active dry yeast* see the notes to halve the yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 125 g plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150 ml warm water
Instructions: Easy yogurt buns cooked in a frying pan
- In a bowl mix the bread flour with the dry yeast, sugar and salt. Add yogurt and oil and begin to mix.
- Add warm water and stir. Knead until the dough becomes smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes).
- Divide into 6 – 8 pieces. Create small loaves and make them slightly flat. Place the buns on a baking sheet covered with a little flour, cover with a cotton cloth and let rise in a warm place for 45 to 1 hour.
- The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- Heat the frying pan. Place the loaf on a pan with the lid on and cook for about 60 seconds. Flip and cook for another minute. Flip the buns a couple of times or until they are fully cooked inside. You have to experiment with the flame to figure out the perfect temperature. The flame too high will burn the rolls while too low flame will make them dry at the end of the cooking.
Move the baked bun on the plate and continue the process until you have finished all the dough. These buns are best when consumed during the day.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another simple bun recipe check my Easy breakfast buns.