Buns with black sesame seeds
These fun and delicious buns with a particular shape are very tasty and nice to look at. In my family we call them “shredded buns” because of their looks. The recipe is from italian cooking magazine Sale e Pepe.
Recipe for fun buns with black sesame seeds.
- 340 g all-purpose flour
- 65 g potato starch
- 1 tsp active dry yeast* (see the notes to halve the yeast)
- 45 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 160 ml warm water
- black and white sesame seeds
- Read instructions below. If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
1 hour 30 minutes waiting time.
* To keep your bread, rolls, pizzas, focaccia and other yeast dough recipes soft and fragrant for longer, you need to cut the amount of active dry yeast in half and extend the rising time
Instructions: Fun buns with black sesame seeds
Mix water with dry yeast and sugar and set aside until it becomes foamy (5 – 10 minutes).
In a large bowl mix the flour with the starch and salt. Add the egg, oil and yeast mixture.
Knead by hand or with a dough hook in the stand mixer for 8 – 10 minutes. When the dough is smooth and elastic place it in a lightly greased bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until it doubled the volume.
The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
Deflate the dough. Knead shortly. Divide into 8 pieces and on the lightly floured work surface stretched each piece into long strip. Pour over some sesame seeds and roll on the strip to make the seeds stick to the dough.
Cut the dough with a knife or scissors along the side, forming a 1 cm large fringe pieces.
Roll up the strips (overlaying the stripe on itself in a spiral way). Transfer onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover with the cotton cloth and allow to puff for half an hour in a warm place. After this time, whisk an egg with a little of water and brush the buns gently with the egg wash.
Bake in a preheated oven at 220° C for about 20 minutes. Let it cool completely on baking rack before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some more easy recipes check my Mini focaccias with cumin, coriander and mint and Easy homemade poppy seed bread