These Parmesan and garlic soft breadsticks are perfect to accompany your favorite dishes, to enrich the bread basket or simply to be munched while you wait for the main course. As in the description, these are fluffy bread sticks with a light garlic, parsley and cheese aftertaste that makes them a perfect savory snack for different occasions.
Parmesan and garlic soft breadsticks
- 90 g of all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp of active dry yeast
- 60 ml of water
- all the poolish
- 350 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of sugar
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 egg
- 80 ml of milk
- 50 ml of water
- 50 g melted salted butter
- garlic powder
- chopped parsley
Instructions Parmesan and garlic soft breadsticks – poolish instructions
- The previous evening, prepare the poolish. In a small bowl, dissolve half a teaspoon of active dry yeast with 60 ml of water. Add flour and mix coarsely. Cover with a cotton cloth and leave at room temperature for at least 8 hours.
- The next morning the pre-dough should be bubbly and puffy.
Soft breadstick instructions
- In a large bowl, mix flour with sugar and salt. Add an egg, milk, water, melted butter and all the previously prepared poolish.
- Knead by hand or in the mixer with a dough hook for about 10 minutes or until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Create a ball of dough and place it in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with a cotton cloth and leave to rise in a warm place until it doubles in volume, in my case 2 hours. The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- Once the dough has doubled in volume, deflate it and divide into many pieces. Stretch each piece with your hands by rolling it onto a lightly floured surface. Create many breadsticks as thick as your thumb (or more) and place them on a baking sheet covered with a baking paper. Space the breadsticks slightly between them and then cover with a cotton cloth. Let them rise for another hour or until they swell and increase the volume.
- Before putting in the oven, brush them with milk and sprinkle with plenty of chopped parsley, garlic powder and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for about 15 minutes. Once baked, take them out of the oven and let cool down completely.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store at room temperature covered with a cotton cloth or in a container suitable for storing bread.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other tasty ideas with bread dough, check out my Savory rolls stuffed with Italian eggplant caponata