In this bread recipe the mix of oat flour and potato is definitely worth tasting. This bread (a kind of flat bread/tortilla) remains soft and full of flavour. It is perfect with some smoked salmon and a sauce made of yogurt, lemon juice and fresh dill.
Oat flour and potato bread
- 280 g potato
- 100 g oat flour
- 1 medium egg
- 1 pinch of salt
Instructions: Oat flour and potato bread
- For this recipe I used oat flour made by CUOREdi. Like all their products this package was perfectly sealed. The flour to the touch is delicate yet more coarse than a regular wheat flour.
- Rinse your potatoes, take the skin off and boil them in plenty of salted water. Drain and pass through the potato masher. Add flour, egg and a pinch of salt.
- Work the dough until it becomes smooth, add more oat flour if necessary. The dough should be soft and slightly sticky.
- Divide it into 6 equal parts and, helping yourself with more flour, flatten each part of the dough into a disk few millimeters high.
- Put the disc on the previously heated non-stick pan and cook it for about 2 minutes on each side. You must experiment with the flame to understand the perfect temperature. The flame too high will burn the bread, whereas the too low flame will make it too dry at the end of cooking.
Serve both hot and cold with your favorite filling.
Lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like the idea of bread made in a pan check my Frying pan made stuffed calzone.