Grilled bell peppers with creamy tuna filling are a very tasty and colorful vegetable and fish appetizer made with canned tuna. An union of the sweetness of bell peppers and the salty taste of the tuna cream. The cream itself is very fragrant: a mix of flavors between cream cheese and anchovies, capers and mustard.
This recipe is:
- perfect for brunch
- fragrant and tasty
- sweet and salty
- easy and quick
Grilled bell peppers with creamy tuna filling
- 4 bell peppers I used 2 red and 2 yellow
- 300 g canned tuna
- 200 g cream cheese I used crescenza cheese
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- 1 tbsp salted capers
- 30 g bread crumbs
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 0.5 garlic clove
- 1 small onion
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Instructions grilled bell peppers with creamy tuna filling
- Wash and pat dry bell peppers and put them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast the vegetables for about 30 minutes (flipping the peppers 2 times) in a preaheted static oven at 200 °C for about 30 minutes.
- After this time take out the pan from the oven and, being careful not to burn yourself, immediately cover bell peppers with aluminum foil. After 15 minutes remove the foil, peel the peppers and remove stems and seeds. Cut your vegetables into long large slices. Dry them on a paper towel and set aside.
- Rinse the salt out of the anchovies and capers and put them into a blender. Add drained tuna, cheese, breadcrumbs, mustard, balsamic vinegar and garlic. Blend everything until you get a smooth cream. Pour the mixture into a bowl and add chopped onion. Stir, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for half an hour.
- Roll out the strips of bell pepper. Spread with tuna mix and gently create a roll. Use the same method until you finish all the rolls.
- Season with some olive oil and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and consume within 24 hours.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another flavourful recipe with canned tuna check my Tuna and artichokes sandwich. (foto below)