If you are looking for an ideal solution for a quick and light lunch, this healthy sandwich with whipped ricotta and radishes are perfect for you. The whipped ricotta cream is prepared in a few minutes and together with a drop of honey, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil create a delicate, soft and very tasty cream. The garnish with radishes and spring onions breaks up the velvety taste of ricotta and adds the right spiciness. As for spiciness, if you sprinkle the sandwich with some chilli flakes or powder, in my opinion it is even tastier. To create this sandwich I used whole rye bread but I also recommend sourdough bread with a crunchy crust. This is an amazing idea for a healthy, light and tasty lunch or dinner.
Whipped ricotta and radish sandwich
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 1 small clove of garlic
- black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 generous teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- spring onions or chives
- red pepper flakes
- 8 – 10 slices of wholemeal rye or other type of bread
Preparation of healthy sandwich with whipped ricotta
- In a jug or a tall bowl place the ricotta cheese. Add some honey, pepper, salt and extra virgin olive oil. Whip the ricotta with the electric whisk for a couple of minutes at high speed until it becomes very light.
- Now add crushed garlic. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes to mix the flavours. Taste and adjust with more salt, pepper and garlic.
- Divide the cream over the bread of your choice. Add finely sliced radishes and chopped spring onion. Add the chilli flakes to taste and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like this idea for a healthy and delicious lunch, I also recommend my Mega vegetarian sandwich (photo below).
Note from the author of this recipe
While you are preparing your tart I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be delighted and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^