I highly recommend you check this recipe for light and airy avocado and egg salad sandwich. It is a light and fresh spread, full of flavour and also healthy. The salad inside this sandwich has a very light consistency thanks to the fact that the hard-boiled eggs are grated with a grater with small holes instead of being simply chopped. These make this spread full of air and delicate. The spread is packed with flavor thanks to the lemon juice and Dijon mustard that adds a subtle savory and tangy aftertaste. You can create this sandwich with different types of bread. It is perfect not only as quick idea for lunch or dinner, but also to be served as an appetizer or in a buffet.
Light avocado and egg salad sandwich
- 1 big avocado or 2 small ones
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt or spreadable cream cheese
- ½-1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp chopped spring onion (green parts) (optional)
- lettuce, endive or baby spinach leaves
Instructions light avocado and egg salad sandwich
- To prepare boiled eggs. Put the eggs in a pot, cover them with water and turn the flame on. When the water comes to a boil you have to lower the heat slightly and program the timer for 8 minutes. After this time put your eggs immediately in cold water. This will stop the cooking process and make the eggs easier to peel.
- Meanwhile mix the yogurt with the dijon mustard and lemon juice. Add the avocado and mash everything with a fork.
- Peel your hard-boiled eggs and grate them over the avocado cream using the grater with small holes. Mix well, taste and add salt and pepper to taste and more mustard or lemon juice if necessary. Mix again and if you like, add the chopped spring onion.
- Lay some lettuce leaves on top of the bread of your choice and add the avocado and egg salad. From these ingredients I created two double sandwiches that were as long as a palm of my hand (about 18 cm).
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within 24 hours.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for other ideas for vegetarian sandwiches, check my recipe for Eggplant and sun-dried tomato spread for sandwich or bruschetta (photo below) and Chickpea salad sandwich with radishes and mung bean sprouts (photo below).