This eggplant and sun-dried tomato spread for sandwiches or bruschetta is a very simple yet very flavourful. It is perfect as an appetizer spread on slices of toast or as an idea for a light veg lunch. It is easily prepared by roasting your eggplant in the oven and then blending together with garlic, paprika, hot pepper and dried tomatoes in oil. A set of flavors and textures that combine perfectly between a sweet and salty and creamy and hearty.
Eggplant and sun-dried tomato spread for sandwich or bruschetta
- 1 big eggplant
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 – 4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil (medium)
- salt to taste
- sweet or smoked paprika to taste
- chili powder totaste
- choped parsley for garnish
Instructions eggplant and sun-dried tomato spread for sandwich or bruschetta
- Wash your eggplant. Remove the stalk and cut into cubes about 2 cm large. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of oil and mix well to cover them completely. Place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper together with 2 cloves of garlic and bake in a preheated static oven at 200 ° C for about 18 – 20 minutes. Once ready, take them out of the oven and let the eggplant cool down.
- In the jug of a blender equipped with blade attachment, place your eggplants and garlic. Add sun-dried tomatoes, a pinch of salt, chili powder and sweet or smoked paprika.
- Blend everything until you have a spreadeable cream. If your spread is too thick, add a few tablespoons of water. Taste, adjust with salt or other spices if necessary and serve on a toast with a drizzle of raw olive oil or chopped parsley.
Store in the refrigerator and eat within a couple of days.
lot of love. B.