This summer sandwich with avocado and cucumber is a great idea for a tasty yet light and healthy vegetarian sandwich. It is an alternative proposal when you no longer want to prepare caprese sandwiches or the usual sandwiches with coldcuts. I love it with sourdough multigrain bread that adds a rustic and crunchy texture thanks to sunflower seeds. The pairing of cucumber, avocado, salad and spreadable cream cheese with basil creates a delicious crunchy and fresh union, perfect for a quick lunch on hot days.
Cucumber and avocado sandwich
- 4 bread slices (I used multigrain sourdough bread)
- 1 medium cucumber
- ½ avocado (it was quite big)
- some lettuce or romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp spreadeable cream cheese or goat cheese
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- fresh basil leaves to taste
Istructions cucumber and avocado sandwich
- In a small bowl mix the spreadable cream cheese with a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and a generous teaspoon of lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste and some chopped basil leaves. Mix well and then spread the prepared cream on two slices of bread.
- At this point add some salad leaves. You can use mixed salad leaves, lettuce, iceberg or romaine. Add cucumber cut into slices. Then add a pinch of salt over the cucumber and then add the avocado slices. Close your sandwich with another slice of bread and proceed in the same way with the second sandwich.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Eat within a day.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other recipe for a light and tasty sandwich, check out my Chickpea salad sandwich with radishes and mung bean sprouts (photo below) and also Whipped ricotta and radish sandwich (photo below).