An idea for a simple but very tasty steamed artichokes and tuna sandwich. Easy pescetarian recipe with canned tuna, mayo, baby spinach and artichokes.
Tuna and artichokes sandwiches
- 2 buns
- 4 or more fresh artichokes
- good quality tuna in oil to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- baby spinach to taste
- mayonnaise to taste
Instructions: Tuna and artichokes sandwich
- The following step may be prepared the day before. Wear disposable gloves or rub your hands with lemon juice to prevent them from turning black while cleaning the artichokes.Clean the artichokes by removing the outer leaves until you get to the heart of the artichoke which has a lighter color. Cut the tip of the artichoke and the stem leaving only the tender part. Divide the artichokes in half, remove the inner fluff and peel the stem. Put the artichokes in a bowl with cold water and lemon juice and continue in this way until you clean all of them. Steam your artichokes approximately 15 – 20 minutes or until they are tender then put aside to make them cool down.
- Divide artichokes into smaller pieces, add lemon juice and salt to taste and stir.
- Cut your bread in half. Place some baby spinach on both pieces, put the artichokes on the first half of the bun and previously drained tuna on the other half. Drizzle with some lemon juice (optional). Add mayonnaise to taste. Join the two parts of the bun and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. if you are looking for another super easy recipe with canned tuna you should check my Pasta with wakame, fresh ginger and tuna.