These savory pecorino cheese and almond cookies with a hint of spice are delicious, unique and very easy to prepare. They are perfect as an appetizer, on a cheese platter or even as an edible gift! You can prepare the dough in advance or freeze it and use it later.
Salted pecorino and almond biscuits
- 40 g cake flour or all-purpose flour
- 20 g almonds
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 60 g pecorino cheese
- 1 pinch cayenne powder
- ½ tsp smoked or sweet paprika
- 60 g cold salted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- almonds + dried thyme for garnish
Instructions savory pecorino cheese and almond cookies
- In a blender equipped with a blade attachment, blend 40 g of flour and 20 g of almonds until the almonds are sand-like. Otherwise, blend the almonds in a mini blender and use a fork to mix the ingredients.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or chilli powder. Also add the sweet or smoked paprika, baking soda and grated pecorino cheese, then blend or mix again.
- Add diced cold salted butter and blend until smooth.
- Finally add egg yolks and blend or knead the dough briefly to make it smooth. Place your dough in a container with a lid or wrap in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
- Roll out the dough out on a lightly floured surface or in between two sheets of baking paper until it is a few millimeters thick. Cut out your savory cookies with a shape of your choice. Place on a baking pan covered with baking paper.
- Decorate each cookie with an almond and dust with thyme or paprika, then bake in a preheated static oven at 170 – 180 ° C for 12 – 15 minutes. The baking time depends on the thickness of the cookie.
- Once baked, let them cool completely. From this recipe I cprepare about 25 savory cookies.
Store in a closed container.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like these tasty appetizer ideas, check out my recipe for Italian bruschetta with broccoli rabe (photo below) and Christmas antipasto wreath – holiday appetizer idea (photo below).