These homemade buckwheat crackers are a healthy and delicious finger food. With delicate nutty and rosemary aftertaste. In addition, these crackers are gluten free, lactose free and even vegan. Original recipe here. They are not super crunchy but they are perfect to be eaten as a snack or a healthy appetizer. They are really simple and quick to prepare and can be flavoured with different spices like smoked paprika, cumin or caraway.
Buckwheat, almonds and rosemary homemade crackers
- 140 g buckwheat flour
- 100 g almonds
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp salt + more for dusting
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 ml cold water
Instructions: Buckwheat, almonds and rosemary homemade crackers
- Place almonds, salt, rosemary (remove the stem) and flax seeds in a blender. Blend everything until it becomes similar to flour.
- Pour the almond mix in a bowl. Add buckwheat flour, oil and cold water and stir.
- Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and homogeneous.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper to form a very thin rectangle. Remove the paper from above, cut the dough with a sharp knife to create desired shapes and prick them with a fork.
- If you like sprinkle your crackers with more salt and bake in preheated static oven at 200 °C for 15 minutes or until the edges begin to get dark. Remove from the oven, let cool completely and serve.
Store in a closed container.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love buckwheat flour recipes you should also check my Russian blini with buckwheat flour.