These homemade cheese and veggie crackers are easy and quick to prepare. They are full of flavour and they are a healthy and yummy appetizer or snack. Also they are perfect for kids who do not like vegetables because they contain well hidden carrot and zucchini.
I hope you like these crackers. They are:
- toddler friendly
- easy and quick
Homemade cheese and veggie crackers
- 70 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g cold butter
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- 1 tbsp grated zucchini
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp or more cold water
Instructions veggie crackers
- Place flour and cold butter in a bowl. Crumble butter in between your fingers or with a fork until it has a texture of a sand. Add grated carrot, grated zucchini, cheese, sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon of tomato paste and a pinch of your favorite spice (in my case 1 teaspoon of dried basil).
- Mix all. Add cold water and knead the dough briefly until it becomes smooth. Create a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least half an hour or, if you are in a hurry, at least 10 minutes in the freezer.
- Roll out the dough. The thinner you will roll the dough, the quicker it will bake. With the help of a cookie cutter, a knife or a pizza cutter, cut out shapes of your crackers. Place your veggie crackers on a baking tray previously lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated static oven at 180 °C for 10 – 15 min.
- As I have said before the baking time can vary greatly, depending on how thin are your crackers. When you see that they are slightly puffed and became golden around the edges thet means they are ready. Let them cool down completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like this fun recipe for kids check my Dinosaur eggs – delicious baked broccoli patties.