After the great success of the regular cloud bread ®* I decided to find a solution for those who would like to try it but they are allergic to dairy products and I came up with the recipe for lactose free cloud bread. For those who do not know it, cloud bread is a delicious frittata/omelet that was baked in order to be used as a bread slice. In this version I use coconut milk and a handful of fresh rosemary to add some extra flavor. Personally between the 2 recipes I prefer this one because the cloud bread becomes more compact and easy to use.
*Cloudbread is a trademark owned by Nuvola Zero Srl.
Lactose free cloud bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut milk put in the fridge on the previous day
- 1 pinch cream of tartar or baking powder
- fresh rosemary to taste
Instructions: Lactose free cloud bread
- Divide the eggs. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- In the second bowl mix yolks with coconut milk and chopped rosemary. I recommend putting the coconut milk in the fridge the day before to make it more dense (the grease parte will become more dense). Add the egg yolks to the whites and stir in gently.
- Divide the mixture into 6. Create discs of batter a on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the preheated static oven at 150 °C for 30 minutes. Remove your lactose free cloud bread from the oven and allow to cool down for 1 hour before serving.
lot of love. B.